While build 3.00 of the PlayStation 4 System is still some way off being released, but the details of the update have leaked online and show that Sony has quite a bit in store. In the mix are a number of major new features, while the company will also undoubtedly solve some recent PS4 errors such as disc loading freezes and issues with false storage details.
As for those new features, there are a whopping dozen in all and some of them are heavily focused towards social media gaming. Namely, PS4 3.00 System Update brings the ability to add 10 second gameplay videos to twitter, while the feature to host live gameplay videos on YouTube is finally coming (this was announced way back when the PS4 was launched).
Sony has not confirmed when the update will land, but you can check out the full list of new additions below:
- Communities is a new subdivision of the Friends section and acts as a way for users to find other members with similar tastes and likes. This new social tool lets the user create communities or join existing ones and engage with fellow gamers on gaming or non-gaming subjects.
- Events is a new feature that gathers all material regarding the PS4 into one easy to use accessible location.
- Now Play enhances social gaming abilities by allowing users to drop in on parties and gaming sessions being held by other gamers. More than this, it will be possible to watch another person’s gaming session.
- The Messages section has been given a design overall with an easier layout, with Now Playing and Groups easier to find and start.
- The mentioned Twitter and YouTube features.
- Improved Live from PlayStation layout and interface.
- Changeable automatic text scrolling.
- Enhanced notifications now include gameplay requests, events, current music, and Community.
- What’s New comments section.
- Stickers added to Messages.
- PlayStation Plus content centralized into one place.